Strawberry Custard Tart
2 large egg yolks
1 large whole egg
115g golden caster sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
400ml full fat milk
180g strawberry jam
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 sheet of ready to roll puff pastry
- Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Mix egg, yolks, cornflour & sugar in a bowl. In a saucepan, gently warm the milk and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour half of the warmed milk into the bowl and stir until smooth. Transfer the mixture to the saucepan and set the temperature to a medium heat. Stir continuously until mixture thickens.
- Pour into a bowl to cool and cover with cling film.
- Roll out pastry sheet and cut in half. Place one half on top of the other. From the shorter side, roll pastry tightly to form a log shape. Cut into 12 even-sized rounds.
- Lightly flour surface and roll each round into a disc (roughly 10cm) and press discs into the muffin tray holes.
- Spoon in 1 tbsp of strawberry jam and cover with the cooled custard mixture.
- Using the ThermaFlow® fan setting, bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.