- Hob displays one of the following error messages: E4 / E401 / E402 / E403 / E421 / E422 / E423 / E431 / E432 / E433.
- induction hob
- cooker with induction hob
These error codes are an indicator that overheating protection is in operation, this may be due to an installation issue or using unsuitable cookware. If the below steps do not resolve the issue, we recommend requesting a visit from a service engineer. You can do that by using the link on the right of this page.
- Switch the hob off and allow it to cool by removing any cookware. The error code should disappear once the hob cools.
- Please ensure the cookware you are using is suitable for induction. Induction-safe cookware should be iron or iron-based with a flat base for good conduction. Refer to the article: What cookware is suitable for cooking zones with induction heating?
Energy-saving tips when using your oven and hob
With energy prices soaring, it’s never been a better time to rethink how you use the appliances in your home to save energy and money. Besides helping your household budget, it will also benefit the planet, reducing CO2 emissions. Here are some helpful tips on how to reduce energy when using your oven and hob
- Don’t open the oven to check the cooking process. You will lose heat and humidity and the food will take longer to cook, consuming more energy
- Cook at a lower temperature. It might take longer, but reduces energy consumption by 20% and gives you better food taste and quality
- Take unused accessories out of the oven when cooking – they just consume more energy
- Put your saucepans in the centre of the cooking zone before turning it on. Put the smallest cookware on the smaller zones
- When possible, finish cooking on the hob with the residual heat
See other helpful tips to save energy and money
If you found the following information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information does not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome.