- How to clean the oven manually
- Zanussi built-in single oven
Note: The main article describes cleaning an oven where the oven has no dedicated cleaning functionality such as Catalytic or Pyrolitic cleaning programmes. Please see the article link below for activating the Catalytic and Pyrolytic cleaning functions on other ovens.
Click on the link below to take you to the article.
For manual cleaning, please follow the instructions below.
Always ensure the oven has cooled down before cleaning.
1. Remove oven trays, wire shelves and the pop-off shelf supports on each side and soak in the sink or wash in the dishwasher.
2. When using oven cleaner sprays, spray the cleaner into a cloth and wipe the cavity as opposed to spraying it directly into the cavity itself. This can cause the cleaner to impact capillary cables behind the fan over time. Zanussi Oven and Micro Care is recommended for use on Zanussi ovens. Please follow the instructions on the pack provided. It's always advised to try a wet cloth on the oven before using any cleaning solution. Any cleaners used must be non abrasive.
3. Wipe down whole cavity and inner glass door.
4. Wipe dry.
5. Dry the stainless steel shelves, trays and shelf supports and return to the oven.
6. On most models it is possible to remove the door glass and/or door.
- Glass is removed by releasing the plastic strip at the top of the oven door which secures the glass in place. Textured markings on either side of the plastic strip indicate where to apply pressure and a pull towards you. This will release the strip and give you access to the individual glass panes.
Carefully remove the glass panes and clean with a wet cloth or use an oven cleaner for particularly stubborn food debris.
Return the glass to the fixings.
- Replace the strip that secures the glass in place.
Removing the door is also possible on many integrated ovens.
Follow the instructions on the images below to remove the door from the oven. Repeat the instructions in reverse to put the door back on the oven.
Warning: The hinge is designed to hold the weight of the door and may spring back when the door is removed.
DO NOT cook or activate any cooking functions on the oven when either glass panes or the whole door has been removed and only remove the glass panes or oven door when the oven is cool.
If your model does not have these fittings, please refer to your user manual or contact our team for support.