- How to clean the oven with pyrolytic function?
- Oven display shows PYR or symbol
- Oven displays reminder for pyrolytic cleaning
- built-in ovens with pyrolytic function
- The Pyroclean function symbol on all Zanussi ovens will look like this
- Pyroclean may also be referred to as Pyrolis on some user manuals
- All the Pyroclean ovens have built-in reminders that will remind you when cleaning is required. "PYR" - flashes on the display for 10 sec after each activation and deactivation of the oven.
- Do not start the pyrolysis until the door is fully closed.
- Ensure good ventilation during and after the pyrolysis.
- Keep children away from the appliance while the Pyrolytic cleaning is in operation. The appliance becomes very hot and hot air is released from the front cooling vents.
- Remove any pets (especially birds) from the vicinity of the appliance location during and after the Pyrolytic cleaning.
- Small animals (especially birds) should be in a well-ventilated area during this time. Some birds and reptiles can react very sensitively to fumes. Small animals also react during the pyrolysis to the local temperature fluctuations.
- In our ovens, the fumes emanating from the pyrolysis are safe for people, including children and people with health problems.
- You should only begin the Pyroclean process when the oven is cold.
Before you use Pyroclean remove oven shelf supports.
* Important to know that the instructions below apply to all Zanussi ovens when using Pyroclean *
* Oven trays and wire shelving must also be removed*
Your Zanussi pyrolytic oven will have two options with regard to time
How to use the Pyroclean function
Once you have removed the wire shelves, oven trays and shelf supports please proceed to follow the steps below:
Step 1. Select the Pyroclean setting flashes
Step 2. Turn the control knob (for the temperature) to set the cleaning mode.
Step 3. Press the clock symbol to begin cleaning.
Step 4. Close the oven door. The oven door will lock for complete safety.
Step 5. After cleaning turn the control knob for the heating functions to the off position.
Step 6. Wait until the oven has cooled down. Wipe the cavity with a soft cloth and remove the residue from the bottom of the cavity.
Step 7. Return shelf supports and trays
Click the play below to watch a video of how to use the Pyrolytic Oven function
If you found this information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome
Energy-saving tips when using your oven and hob
With energy prices soaring, it’s never been a better time to rethink how you use the appliances in your home to save energy and money. Besides helping your household budget, it will also benefit the planet, reducing CO2 emissions. Here are some helpful tips on how to reduce energy when using your oven and hob
- Don’t open the oven to check the cooking process. You will lose heat and humidity and the food will take longer to cook, consuming more energy
- Cook at a lower temperature. It might take longer, but reduces energy consumption by 20% and gives you better food taste and quality
- Take unused accessories out of the oven when cooking – they just consume more energy
- Put your saucepans in the centre of the cooking zone before turning it on. Put the smallest cookware on the smaller zones
- When possible, finish cooking on the hob with the residual heat
See other helpful tips to save energy and money