- Alarm is visible on the panel
- Red light flashes on the display
- Display shows a flashing triangle
- Appliance emits an emergency alarm sound or beeps
- Inadequate cooling, not cooling enough, temperature too high
Digital Control Panel – Built-In
High temperature alarm:
When there is a temperature increase in the freezer compartment (for example due to an earlier power failure), the alarm and freezer temperature indicators flash and the sound is on.
To deactivate the alarm:
1. Press any button. The sound switches off.
2. The freezer temperature indicator shows the highest temperature reached for a few seconds, then the display shows the set temperature again.
The alarm indicator continues to flash until the normal conditions are restored. If you do not press any button, the sound switches off automatically after around one hour to avoid disturbing.
Door open alarm:
If the fridge door is left open for approximately 5 minutes, the sound is on and alarm indicator flashes. The alarm stops after closing the door. During the alarm, the sound can be muted by pressing any button.
If you do not press any button, the sound switches off automatically after around one hour to avoid disturbing.
Manual Control Panel – Built-In
To operate the appliance:
1. Turn the temperature regulator clockwise to obtain a lower temperature inside the appliance.
2. Turn the temperature regulator counterclockwise to obtain a higher temperature inside the appliance.
High temperature alarm:
When there is a temperature increase in the freezer compartment (e.g. due to a power failure) the Alarm light is blinking, and sound is on.
The sound can be switched off at any time by pressing the Alarm reset switch. When normal conditions are restored the Alarm light stops blinking and the sound turns off automatically.
Door open alarm
An acoustic alarm sounds when the door is left open for around 80 seconds.
After closing the door, the acoustic alarm stops. In any case, press the Alarm reset switch to deactivate the acoustic alarm.
The temperature is not set correctly
Set a higher/lower temperature.
The door is not closed correctly.
Refer to "Closing the door"section in your user manual
The food products' temperature is too high.
Let the food products temperature decrease to room temperature before storage.
Many food products are stored at the same time.
Store less food products at the same time
The thickness of the frost is greater than 4-5 mm.
|Defrost the appliance|
The door has been opened often.
Open the door only if necessary.
The Frostmatic function is switched on
Refer to "Frostmatic function" section in your user manual
|The Coolmatic function is switched on||Refer to "Coolmatic function" section in your user manual|
There is no cold air circulation in the appliance.
Make sure that there is cold air circulation in the appliance. Refer to "Hints and Tips" chapter in your user manual.
Defrosting the refrigerator
Frost is automatically eliminated from the evaporator of the refrigerator compartment during normal use. The defrost water drains out through a trough into a special container at the back of the appliance, over the motor compressor, where it evaporates.
It is important to periodically clean the defrost water drain hole in the middle of the refrigerator compartment channel to prevent the water from overflowing and dripping onto the food inside. For this purpose use the drain hole cleaner provided with the appliance (available also in our Webshop).
Defrosting the freezer
CAUTION! Never use sharp metal tools to scrape off frost from the evaporator as you could damage it. Do not use a mechanical device or any artificial means to speed up the thawing process other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
About 12 hours prior to defrosting set a lower temperature in order to build up sufficient chill reserve in case of any interruption in operation.
A certain amount of frost will always form on the freezer shelves and around the top compartment. Defrost the freezer when the frost layer reaches a thickness of about 3-5 mm.
1. Switch off the appliance or pull out the electrical plug from the wall socket.
2. Remove any stored food, wrap it in several layers of newspaper and put it in a cool place.
CAUTION! A temperature rise of the frozen food packs during defrosting may shorten their safe storage life. Do not touch frozen goods with wet hands. Hands can freeze to the goods.
3. Leave the door open. Protect the floor from the defrosting water e.g. with a cloth or a flat vessel.
4. To speed up the defrosting process, place a pot of warm water in the freezer compartment. In addition, remove pieces of ice that break away before defrosting is complete.
5. When defrosting is complete, dry the interior thoroughly.
6. Switch on the appliance and close the door.
7. Set the temperature regulator to obtain the maximum coldness and run the appliance for two or three hours using this setting.
Only after this time put the food back into the freezer compartment.
Frost Free (NoFrost) Models:
The freezer compartment is frost-free. This means that there is no build-up of frost when it is in operation.