- Which temperature corresponds to which level on the thermostat setting?
- What temperature is hidden behind the various settings on the rotary selector?
- How to set the correct temperature in a rotary-dial fridge?
Fridges with scaling on the rotary selector
1. It is not possible to assign a specific temperature in the refrigerator compartment to a number on the rotary selector, as the temperature in the refrigerator compartment depends on various factors, such as the ambient temperature.
The level on the rotary selector does not show the temperature at °C!
- Level 1 means the warmest level
- Level 6 means the coldest level
- Level 0 means turning the fridge off
2. When starting up for the first time, select a medium level and correct this setting if necessary.
Further information can be found in the operating instructions.
3. To check the temperature in the refrigerator compartment, you can put a thermometer in a glass of water and place it on the middle glass shelf.
- Read the temperature after a few hours. It should be between + 2°C and + 8°C.
- The ideal storage temperature is around 4°C
4. If the food and drinks are too cold for you, set a lower number on the thermostat.
If the food and drinks are too warm, choose a higher number.
Tips for saving energy at home when using your fridge and freezer
With energy prices soaring, it’s never been a better time to rethink how you use the appliances in your home to save energy and money. Besides helping your household budget, it will also benefit the planet, reducing CO2 emissions. Here are some helpful tips on how to reduce energy when using your fridge and freezer
- Keep to the recommended temperatures. 4 degrees for the fridge and -18 for the freezer. This secures an ideal balance between keeping food fresh and using the minimum amount of energy
- Avoid putting warm food in the fridge. This makes the fridge work harder to cool down – using more energy
- Don’t keep the door open for too long when deciding what to eat. This allows for the temperature to increase
See other helpful tips to save energy and money