- Dishwasher tablets do not fully dissolve
- Why isn’t the dishwasher tablet dissolving?
- freestanding dishwasher
- integrated dishwasher
What to do if the dishwasher tablet is not dissolving after a wash?
1. Use dishwasher tablets for long cycles to avoid traces of detergent on cookware.
Dishwasher tablets may not dissolve fully in short cycles.
2. Try out a different brand of dishwasher tablets or use powdered detergent instead.
- Certain brands of detergent tablets do not dissolve completely.
- If you have purchased tablets which do not dissolve effectively or which are not rinsed out of the detergent dispenser, simply place the tablet at the bottom of the dishwasher and then start the cycle.
3. Make sure the dispenser tray is dry before placing detergent inside.
- If the dispenser tray is damp, tablets or powders can become clogged.
- If the problem persists, place the tablet at the bottom of the appliance.
Important: The above is not a malfunction of the dishwasher and is not covered by the warranty.
4. This issue may also be caused by the dishwasher tablet not being released from the detergent dispenser correctly or at the right time:
Do not place cookware in front of the detergent dispenser.
Make sure that there is nothing that may block the dispenser lid or opening, such as an air freshener, tall plates, etc.
5. Check whether the cookware is hot at the end of a washing cycle.
This issue can be caused by the appliance not heating up. If the dishwasher does not heat up, contact an Authorized Service Centre.
Tips for saving energy at home when using your dishwasher
With energy prices soaring, it’s never been a better time to rethink how you use the appliances in your home to save energy and money. Besides helping your household budget, it will also benefit the planet, reducing CO2 emissions. Here are some helpful tips on how to reduce energy when using your dishwasher
- Use the ECO program when dishwashing. It takes a bit longer, but the dishwasher doesn’t have to work as hard, which means it uses less energy. Compare it to if you run or walk 1km. Running is faster but you need to use a lot more energy. If you walk instead it takes longer, but you use much less energy. The same logic goes for the ECO program
- If you have an hourly electricity rate, do the dishes when the price is at its lowest
- If you have an old dishwasher, it will have a low energy class – you can save energy just by replacing it with a new one
See other helpful tips to save energy and money