- Why should I use salt in the dishwasher?
- How to fill the salt container?
- freestanding dishwasher
- integrated dishwasher
Discover the benefits of using dishwasher salt for a sparkly clean finish.
Follow our steps to see where to put dishwasher salt and how much to use for the most effective clean.
Even if your dishwasher tablets contain salt it's important you keep the salt container filled up.
Use dishwasher salt every time, even if you use multi-detergent tablets, to:
- prevent the formation of the limescale on the heater
- get the best dish-washing performance
- prevent the formation of white spots on glass
How to fill the salt container:
- Unscrew the cap for the salt container, this will be located at the bottom of the machine cavity on the left-hand side.
- Using the funnel that comes with your dishwasher, pour the salt into the container until full.
- Screw the cap back on and wipe up any excess salt that may have been spilt.
- Run a short cycle with the dishwasher empty to rinse away any leftover salt and avoid corrosion.
For recommended salt, rinse aid and cleaning detergents for your appliance visit our Webshop
What is dishwasher salt and how do you use it?
How to clean hard water build-up in dishwasher & adjust hardness level