- Tumble dryer blows fuses / trips RCD circuit breaker
- Tumble dryer
- Do not connect a washing machine and a tumble dryer to the same fuse circuit. The power required by the two appliances combined would exceed 13 amps.
- Never use an extension cable to connect appliances, as this may cause a short-circuit or fire hazard.
- When an RCD circuit breaker trips or a fuse blows when you switch the appliance on or off, this is usually caused by leakage to the ground or a short-circuit.
- The problem can be caused by incorrect connection of the appliance. Plug in the appliance somewhere else.
- If several appliances are connected to the same fuse circuit, this could cause the fuse to blow or the RCD circuit breaker to trip.
If the above suggestions do not resolve the problem, contact Authorized Service Center.
Was this article helpful?