- Tumble dryer’s water tank is empty
- Tumble Dryer
1. This is normal if the water tank LED comes on after the first drying cycle and there is no water in the water tank.
Before the water is pumped to the water tank, it is collected in a large container. Upon general day-to-day use the water must be emptied after every cycle. Check if the water container is slotted into its tray properly. If it is slightly out of place, it won’t collect water.
2. Check if the machine and its filters are clean.
- If the filters, condenser and/or heat exchanger are dirty, it may be the reason why the machine is not heating up.
- We have a page on correct maintenance of a dryer, please click here.
- The filters may appear clean but still could be blocked. You can check the filters by holding them up against the light or under a tap and seeing whether the water can flow through them.
- If no water passes through the filters, clean them and check them again.
- If water will still not pass through the filters we would recommend replacing them. Filters and other accessories are available via our webshop.
3. Check whether the appliance is getting hot:
- Firstly, clean the appliance and then start a timed cycle of at least 120 minutes with no load.
- After one hour, open the door and check whether the drum is hot inside (with at least 20 minutes remaining on the display).
- If the inside of the drum is hot, the heating system is working. In tumble dryers fitted with a heat pump, you can often also hear whooshing or sloshing noises from the appliance when it stops.
- If the appliance is still not hot after an hour of the program, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer as this indicates further issues with the appliance. (Report error code: JN).
If you have checked that the appliance is getting hot, and all the filters are clean and clear, and the water container is correctly positioned we would recommend a visit by a service engineer. We do not recommend using the appliance until the issue is fully corrected.
If you found the following information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome.