- Detergent remains in the drawer
- Softener remains in the drawer
- No smell of the softener on the laundry
- Leakage from the detergent drawer's front
- Mould in the detergent drawer
- Water remains in the softener compartment
- front loader washer /dryer
- front loader washing machine
How to clean the drawer/ additive compartment & Recess correctly
1. Remove the detergent dispenser drawer by pulling it firmly
Some models require pressing the catch downwards as indicated in the picture to pull the drawer out:
2. Remove the top part of the additive compartment to aid cleaning and flush it out under running warm water, to remove any traces of accumulated detergent. After cleaning, put the top part back into position.
3. Make sure that all detergent residue is removed from the upper and lower part of the recess. Use a small brush to clean the recess.
4. Insert the detergent drawer into the guide rails and push it in. Run the rinsing programme without any clothes in the drum.
5. Clean the detergent drawer regularly to prevent building in detergent residues
If you found the information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, please leave a thumbs down and a comment on how you feel the article could be improved by one of our team. Please be aware that our team are continuously reviewing and editing articles so constructive feedback is very useful.