- How can I access the filter in my Zanussi washing machine?
- Selected models of Zanussi front loaded washing machine (European markets)
- newer Zanussi washing machines no longer have filters on the front of the machine
- There is no longer a filter that needs cleaning in the Zanussi washing machines.
- This appliance is designed with a self-cleaning draining system, allowing light fluff fibres that fall off the clothes to be drained out with the water, in such a way that there is no need to access this area for regular maintenance and cleaning.
- This is thanks to a specific door gasket which has been designed to catch all objects like coins, buttons, hairpins, etc. before they have a chance of getting out of the drum itself and finding their way to the drain area.
- Regularly examine the seal and remove all objects from the inner part. Coins, buttons, other small items forgotten in the pockets of your clothes are deposited during the washing cycle in the special double lip trap in the porthole seal, where they can be conveniently recovered at the end of the cycle.
- Refer to your user manual for further information.
- or call customer service team on 03445 611 611
Machines with traditional filters
- If you have a machine with a filter at the front of the machine you can easily access the filter by opening the front flap
- you will see a drain plug and a filter when you open the door.
- firstly drain any excess water from the machine via the drain hole, you will need a small bowl to place under the drain plug to collect the water, it may be useful to place a towel underneath the machine and bowl to collect any excess water.
- remove the filter and clean with water
- replace the filter and the drain plug
- close the front flap