- Laundry is stiff or hard after washing in washing machine
- Front loader washing machine (integrated and freestanding)
- Top loader washing machine
The most likely cause of fabric feeling rigid or stiff is adding the wrong amount of detergent. Follow the instructions below for best washing results:
- If too little detergent is used, there may be insufficient active ingredients to combat the hardness of the water, which in turn can affect the softness of the fibres. This may also result in generally poor washing results.
- Using too much detergent can result in concentrated detergent being left on the fibres, making them feel coarse.
- How much detergent you need to add will depend on the brand you use and the water hardness where you live. Please check the instructions on the bottle/box.
- Make sure that the washing machine is not overloaded – especially with heavy cotton garments such as jeans or towels which absorb a lot of water.
- Tumble-drying items such as towels can also help, as this process separates the fibres, making them feel softer
If you found this information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome.