- Washing machine blows fuses / trips RCD circuit breaker
- Washing machines
If the washing machine blows fuses/trips RCD circuit breaker, refer to the suggestions below for step by step instructions.
- Do not connect a washing machine and a tumble dryer to the same fuse circuit. The power required by the two appliances combined would exceed 13 amps.
- Never use an extension cable to connect appliances, as this may cause a short-circuit or fire hazard.
- When an RCD circuit breaker trips or a fuse blows when you switch the appliance on or off, this is usually caused by leakage to the ground or a short-circuit.
- The problem can be caused by incorrect connection of the appliance. Plug in the appliance somewhere else.
- If several appliances are connected to the same fuse circuit, this could cause the fuse to blow or the RCD circuit breaker to trip.
- If the above suggestions do not resolve the problem, contact Authorized Service Center.