- The washing machine does not work / there is no power
- No response when turning on the appliance
- No reaction for switch ON/OFF button
- Washing machine
- Washer dryer
We understand the frustration of not being able to use your appliance. In some cases, a check of the wall outlet and fuse can help narrow down the potential issue and we've included the instructions for that below.
1. Remove the plug from the electrical outlet.
2. Plug another device (table lamp or hairdryer for example) into the electrical outlet and switch ON. This will test that power is getting to the socket.
- If the lamp (or another item) operates, there is the power to the socket and there is no problem with the power outlet
- If the lamp (or another item) does not switch ON, it means that there is a problem with the power outlet.
- If you have detected that there is an issue with the power outlet we would recommend getting in touch with a qualified electrician.
3. Where the socket is found to be OK, plug the appliance back in and switch it on again (ensure the door is shut).
- If the appliance is still dead, unplug the appliance again and check the fuse in the plug. If no method of checking the fuse exists, replace it with a known working 13 Amp fuse. Then try the appliance again.
If the socket is okay and the fuse has been replaced and there is still no function from the appliance we recommend booking a service visit from one of our qualified service technicians.
We cannot give instructions on how to further troubleshoot electrical issues due to health and safety.
If you found the following information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome.