Crispy Cod with Sweet Potato Wedges
4 tbsp plain flour
1 egg, beaten
40g cornflakes, crushed
2 skinless cod fillets (about 150g)
Salt and pepper
Sweet Potato Wedges
3 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 and line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
2. Put the flour in a bowl, the beaten egg in another bowl and the crushed cornflakes in a third bowl.
3. Season the cod with a little salt and pepper and coat each fillet in the flour, then the egg, then the crushed cornflakes. Arrange the coated fillets on one of the lined baking sheets.
4. Toss the sweet potato wedges with the oil (if you are using an oven with Air-fry technology, there is no need for oil) season lightly with salt and pepper and spread them out on the second lined baking sheet.
5. Bake the sweet potato chips in the oven for 30 minutes. Add the fish to the oven half-way through, bake for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through. The large capacity in the Zanussi Built in Oven with AirFry Technology means it's healthy fish and chips for the whole family!
6. I have used the Zanussi oven with Air-fry Technology to ensure maximum crispiness without frying, but the recipe would work fine in whichever oven you have at home.
7. Remove the chips and baked cod from the oven and serve straight away, with the cod wrapped in paper cones if you wish.
MAKES 2 PORTIONS