Popcorn Chicken with Sweet Potato Fries
25g Rice Krispies
25g salted popcorn
15g parmesan cheese, finely grated
2 eggs, beaten
2 chicken breasts diced into chunks
Sweet Potato Fries
1 large sweet potato
½ tbsp cornflour
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp mild olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C Fan.
2. Measure the Rice Krispies, popcorn, and a good pinch of salt in a polythene bag. Bash the bag using a rolling pin to crush into fine crumbs. Add the parmesan cheese.
3. Coat the chicken in flour, then dip into the beaten egg. Coat each pieces of chicken in the crumbs.
4. Place the chicken onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. No more turning food during cooking, the maximised airflow of my Zanussi AiryFry oven promotes even cooking from all sides, helping to achieve that desirable crispy chicken with golden texture.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown. I have used the Zanussi oven with Air-fry Technology to ensure maximum crispiness without frying, but the recipe would work fine in whichever oven you have at home.
MAKES 3 TO 4 PORTIONS
Sweet Potato Fries
1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Peel the sweet potato and cut into fries about 4mm (1/4’’’) wide
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper and arrange the sweet potato fries in a single layer taking care not to over crowd the tray otherwise they will not get crispy and instead they will steam each other.
4. Sprinkle over the cornflour and then the olive oil rub in any visible cornflour and season with a little salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through until they are crispy (if you are using an oven with Zanussi Air-fry technology, there is no need for oil or turning the chips as the clever technology bakes the food from all sides, even from below).
6. You will know when they are done as they change from a shiny orange to a more puffed up matt texture. You can add seasonings like paprika or maybe some grated parmesan.