Vanilla & Berry Cake
VANILLA & BERRY CAKE
350g softened butter
350g caster sugar
6 large eggs
350g self-raising flour
1 teapsoon baking powder
4 tablespoons milk
2 teapsoons vanilla extract
300 ml double cream
150g set plain yogurt
2 to 3 tbsp lemon curd
400g strawberries, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 160C Fan. Line 3 x 20 cm sandwich tins with baking paper.
2. Measure the ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk together using an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy.
3. Divide between the three tins. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until
well risen and lightly golden in colour. Leave to cool.
4. Whisk the double cream until stiff peaks. Fold in the yogurt and lemon curd.
5. Spread the mixture over the top of one of the cooled cakes.
6. Arrange one third of the fruit on top, add another cake and spread the mixture and fruits on top.
7. Finally, top with the last cake, Spread over the remaining cream on top and decorate with the berry fruits and mint sprigs.
MAKES 8 TO 10 PORTIONS