Peanut Butter Cheesecake
For the base
- 200g Chocolate sandwich biscuits
- 50g Salted peanuts
- 100g Dark Chocolate chips
- 50g Unsalted butter, softened
For the filling
- 500g Cream Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 125ml Soured Cream
- 250g Smoothed Peanut Butter
For the topping
- 250ml Soured Cream
- 100g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 30g Soft Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C low humidity
- For the base, combine the biscuits, peanuts, dark chocolate chips and butter in a food processor. Once the mixture comes together in a clump, turn it out into a 23cm springform tin and press it into the bottom of the tin and up the sides, using your fingers, to make a crunchy crust. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, eggs and egg yolks, sugar, soured cream and peanut butter in a food processor, whizzing to a smooth mixture.
- Pour the filling mixture into the cheesecake base in the chilled springform tin and cook for 1 hour, checking after 50 minutes. The top should feel set and dry.
5. When cooked, take the cheesecake out of the oven while you make the topping.
6. For the topping, warm the soured cream and chocolate chips with the brown sugar gently in a small saucepan over a low heat, whisking to blend in the chocolate as it melts. Once the mixture is melted and well combined, take off the heat.
7. Spoon and spread the topping very gently over the top of the cheesecake, being as careful as you can in case you break the surface of the cheesecake. Put it back in the oven for a final 10 minutes.
8. Once out of the oven, let the cheesecake cool completely in its tin, then cover and put into the fridge overnight.