AirFry Cheese, Ham and Chilli Croquettes
- 750g Floury potatoes, cut into chunks
- 25g Butter
- 2 Egg yolks plus 2 whole eggs
- 50g Strong hard cheese (Cheddar, Emmental or gruyere)
- 50g Plain flour
- 1 ball of Mozzarella
- Jalapeno peppers
- 100g Panko breadcrumbs, 50g grated parmesan & 10g cracked black pepper
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Simmer the potatoes in lightly salted water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash thoroughly, preferably with a ricer.
- Beat in the butter and 2 egg yolks then add the cheese and chopped ham and season to taste. Cover and leave until firm and cool enough to handle.
- Shape the mixture into 14–16 croquettes, shaping around a piece of mozzarella in the middle and if you fancy it a slice of jalapeno.
- Put the flour, whole eggs (beaten) and breadcrumbs mix into three separate shallow bowls. Dip each croquette in the flour, pat off any excess, then coat in the egg before dipping in the breadcrumbs.
5. Transfer to your AirFry tray, then leave to cool to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180C using the AirFry function.
6. Drizzle the croquettes with a little oil and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden-brown.
7. Enjoy with your favourite condiments or AirFry some tomatoes, chilli and onion – pop it in a blender and lightly blitz for a fresh chunky dip!