Your Repair Terms and Conditions
United Kingdom & Northern Ireland.
Our products are manufactured with the utmost care. Nevertheless, a small number of appliances may require a visit from a Repair Service Technician. Our Repair Partners will repair your appliance both in and outside of warranty. In warranty repairs are free of charge, out of warranty repairs are subject to a Fixed Fee or may be eligible for an extended warranty provided by our partners at Domestic and General Ltd.
This document details what is eligible for a free of charge repair within warranty.
The term “warranty” includes the 12 months statutory legal warranty that is provided with all appliances. We provide an extended 2 year warranty* (inclusive of the 12 month legal warranty) on a selection of Zanussi appliances . Details of your warranty should be provided with your appliance, if not, current models are listed on our website www.zanussi.co.uk or please speak to our team on 03445 612 612 who will be happy to help.
The below conditions apply to the 12 month legal warranty and 2 year warranties.
We provide warranty according to the following conditions:
1) We will rectify, without charge, subject to the conditions 2 to 18, defects in the product which reveals itself within warranty. Warranty commences on the date of delivery to the end user unless installed in a newly built home in which case it commences the first day the property is occupied. In case of semi-commercial or equivalent use, the warranty is limited to 12 months. See below for our semi-commercial terms and conditions
2) We are entitled not to apply the manufacturer's warranty if the product has served as a showroom or demonstration model prior to purchase.
3) The warranty conditions mean that the appliance will be repaired free of charge and will be returned in the condition it had before the defect occurred. Defective parts will be repaired or replaced. Replaced parts become our property.
4) The defect should be immediately reported to prevent possible further damage. The warranty claim expires if the defect has not been reported within two months of its occurrence.
5) The purchase receipt with purchase and/or delivery date must be presented to the technician before the repair is started. In the absence of this, other evidence may be requested.
6) The warranty does not cover damage to fragile parts, such as glass, plastics and rubber.
7) The warranty does not cover minor deviations from the stated quality that are insignificant for the value and soundness of the product.
8) The warranty does not apply to damage caused by: (a) chemical and electrochemical effects of water, (b) abnormal environmental conditions in general, (c) improper use of the product, d) contact with aggressive substances.
9) The warranty does not cover defects caused by transport damage incurred outside our responsibility, non-professional installation or assembly, misuse, inadequate maintenance, or failure to observe the use or installation instructions.
10) The right to warranty expires when the defect was caused by repairs or interventions by third party repair agents that are not authorised by Electrolux PLC. or when the product is fitted with accessories or parts that are not original and could have caused the defect.
11) We request that appliances that can be transported easily, such as small appliances, kettles, toasters, and vacuum cleaners, should be shipped to our repair partner. Please call our team to discuss your repair on 03445 612 612.
12) If, within the warranty period, the repair of the same defect repeatedly fails or the reparation costs are disproportionate, an equivalent model will be sourced for replacement and will be provided in consultation with the owner. In case of replacement, we reserve the right to charge a fee in proportion to the expired period of use of the replaced appliance.
13) Repair under guarantee or warranty does not result in the renewal of the guarantee period or the commencement of a new warranty period.
14) On repairs we give a warranty of 12 months, only on the same defect.
15) Further or other claims, in particular compensation for damages, incurred outside the product, are excluded to the extent that a liability is not permitted by law.
16) These conditions apply to products purchased and/or in use in the United Kingdom and Ireland. If a product is purchased abroad, the user must verify that the product complies with the technical conditions (e.g. voltage, frequency, installation instructions, gas, climate conditions) in the respective country. For products purchased abroad, the user is required to ascertain the provisions in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. Necessary or desirable modifications are not covered by the warranty.
We work with 3 authorised reworkers who supply Graded Appliances. These suppliers repair faulty and damaged appliances for resale.
Graded appliances are eligible for 12 months warranty though we ask that if you have a fault within the first 30 days, you return to your supplier.
Graded appliances are not eligible for promotional extended warranties.
Authorised Graded Suppliers are below.
- Megan Appliances Ltd, Trading as Megan Appliances
- Washcraft Appliances (U.K.) Ltd, Trading as Kingdom Appliances
- SecondTek Ltd, Trading as All Your Appliances
If you have purchased a graded appliances from a different reseller, these are not covered by the Manufacturers Guarantee. You can arrange for a Zanussi technician to visit using one of our chargeable repair services.
Semi-Commercial Warranty Cover
This appliance has been designed and manufactured in accordance with National and European Standards relating to the use of such an appliance in a household or other similar environment. If you intend to utilise the appliance for a commercial venture or within a commercial environment it is probable that certain other Regulations governing the use of equipment and/or other machinery will apply to such activities or environment.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the use of this appliance does not contravene any appropriate Regulations relating to the environment in which it is intended to use the appliance. Electrolux will not accept any responsibility for unsatisfactory performance or liability for any claim arising from the use of this appliance where such use contravenes any relevant Regulations and/or legislation.
Definition of Semi-Commercial
Residential property where an appliance is part used for business purposes.
Common mixed use properties, part residential and business property include, owner occupied hotels, kennels and cattery businesses with domestic homes on site, business offices with domestic homes on site etc.
It is recommended that any premises in excess of 8 individual would place this environment as ‘commercial’ and deem a domestic appliance would not be suitable.
Consideration needs to be given to additional warranty costs, as ‘time to failure’ time scales will be increased.
Owners of appliances should maintain it in accordance with the instruction booklet’s guidelines and any failure of the product due to poor maintenance would be chargeable.
The sited address of all appliances within a Semi-Commercial environment must be supplied when booking a repair.
All Appliances are only to have the legal warranty of 12 months.
No appliance will be accepted for extended warranty.
All non- fault related ‘Call Outs’ will be at the cost of the owner – i.e. blocked filter, broken aesthetic parts etc.
All domestic water supplies must be converted from Domestic Cat 3 to Commercial Cat 5 (This is a legal requirement of the water authorities)