- 3 aubergines
- 150ml olive oil
- 500g mozzarella
- 6 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 400g puréed tomatoes
- 3 thyme sprigs
- Salt & pepper
- 500g lasagne sheets
1. Cut the aubergines into 5mm thick slices, sprinkle with salt and fry in olive oil until golden.
2. Slice the mozzarella. Slice and roughly chop the tomatoes.
3. Peel and slice the onions and sauté them lightly.
4. Peel and chop the garlic and add to the onions, then add the puréed tomatoes, thyme and chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add a splash of water if too dry.
5. Arrange layers of aubergine, mozzarella and lasagne sheets in that order in a greased 20cm x 30cm x 5cm ovenproof dish covering each layer with the tomato sauce.
6. Using the ThermaFlow® fan setting, bake the lasagne for 40 minutes at 200°C.