Coq Au Vin
2 garlic cloves
100g carrots, peeled
250g brown mushrooms
½ bunch parsley
1 sprig thyme
1kg chicken, cut into 2 thighs, 2 breasts & 2 drumsticks
Salt & pepper
1 tsp flour, plain
300ml red wine
500ml chicken stock
2 tbsp cornflour
Serves 4 -6
- Peel the shallots and slice them into strips. Peel and dice the garlic. Dice the carrots and celery into 1cm pieces. Quarter the mushrooms.
- Season the flour with salt & pepper and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Heat the butter in the roasting pan on the hob and brown the chicken on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and brown the shallots, carrots, celery, garlic, mushrooms, and lardons. Deglaze with red wine and reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the stock and bring it to the boil. Add the parsley, thyme and chicken pieces. Using the ThermaFlow® fan setting, place the pan in the oven at 170°C for approximately 45 minutes.
- Return pan to the hob and take out the chicken. Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp of water.
- On a medium heat, stir in the cornflour until sauce has thickened and return chicken to the pan. Serve.